Digital Publishing Editor at Film & Event Media
Film & Event Media is in search of a full-time digital editor to manage the editorial team while our current editor is on maternity leave.
- Full-time contract position for 4 months
- Remuneration: Market related
- Remote work with own laptop/computer and reliable internet connection
- Contribution towards internet connectivity
We are in search of a dynamic digital editor to take over from our current editor while she is away on maternity leave. The successful candidate would have excellent communication and team management skills, as well as the ability to write, edit, manage projects, and potentially do design work across a spectrum of brands.
About the company
Film & Event Media is a publishing house established in 2003. It is home to several digital trade publications and platforms: the bi-monthly Callsheet Africa serving the film industry, SA Chef Media serving chefs, restaurants and the foodservice sector; two annual marketing resources, namely the Event Planner’s Guide to Africa and the Filmmaker’s Guide to Africa; Event Africa, serving the exhibitions, conferencing, incentives and meetings sector; and the Live-Cook Channel, a monthly live-streamed show with a B2C audience. The company also takes on several bespoke or special publishing and video production projects for clients annually.
- Relevant qualifications in journalism and/or marketing
- 2-5 years experience in a management position
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build rapport and remain professional with clients and team across multiple platforms such as email, WhatsApp, telephone, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office software including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficient on Google platforms, e.g. GDrive, Sheets, Docs, Slideshow, etc.
- Proficient on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for business
- Proficient in WordPress CMS with a good understanding of writing and editing for SEO
- An eye for design and basic knowledge of Adobe programmes such as Photoshop and InDesign
- Team leadership skills (you will be leading a team of between 2 and 5 young people during your contract)
- Excellent organisational skills as you will be juggling several projects at any given time
- Ability to maintain deadlines, run projects, and timeously delegate tasks
- Own laptop/computer
- Stable internet connection
- Open to receiving and answering questions from the team, giving advice and assisting wherever possible
- An attitude of learning – our team constantly learns new skills and shares ideas and you will become part of this environment
- Willing to grow with and build a warm, inviting and cohesive team culture
- Young at heart and open to trying new ideas, campaigns, platforms and avenues of content creation
- Print or digital magazine design experience
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign skills
- Ability to operate Canva
The successful candidate will be available to begin from early October 2021. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.