Brand Activation Manager
Role description and overview
Brand activation manager must possess excellent organisational, communication, problem solving and analytical skills along with an ability to lead a team in executing project and client campaigns. You must be flexible enough to work under stringent deadlines and high work pressure on a regular basis.
Key focus of this role as brand activation manager is working with the client services, brand activations, other production teams and key suppliers in planning for resources needed and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors/suppliers in order to deliver projects and client campaigns according to the plan. The brand activation manager will also work with the Client Services teams to define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the life cycle of each project they are managing.
The Brand Activation Manager is responsible for planning and implementation of multiple brands’ activation programs, working in partnership with relevant Production teams, creative studio and our client service team, to achieve our clients marketing objectives.
You’ll wear a lot of hats here…brand activation programs may include: eventing, exhibitions, retail marketing, POS development and production, shopper marketing, event marketing, on-site activations, sampling programs, promotions, brand merchandise, media, advertising, sponsorships, partnerships.
Delivery and project management
- The brand activation manager will oversee a project team in executing on production tasks on relevant client campaigns, including creating campaigns, brainstorming ideas and final concepts, implementing campaigns, and adjusting marketing plans based upon the campaign successes and failures.
- You will oversee projects from start to finish, and you must be able to provide guidance, instructions, and correction as necessary.
- Own and drive the full execution of the relevant events, exhibitions and activations, including promotions, promotional merchandising assets, in store execution, influencers activation
- Manage project lifecycle to ensure a timely completion of deliverables within clients’ budgets.
- Recommend BA/promoters needs for each activation + lead the trainings.
- Feed the brand and trade marketing teams with competition intelligence
- Understand and utilise a fully integrated marketing mix.
- Event marketing – Manage all event and external event marketing programs, including development, promotion, execution and post analysis.
- Develop activation event templates/toolkits that sales teams can utilise.
- Sponsorships/partnerships – Manage activation of sponsorships and partnerships.
- Retail marketing – Manage retail marketing programs for all assigned brands at on-premise and off-premise accounts. Includes POS and displays planning, development and production.
- Brand merchandise – Manage needs for brand merchandise development, working with creative teams and vendors to produce merchandise that is engaging and on-strategy, including wearables, promotional items, and other merchandise for promotional marketing use.
- Measure and analyse brand activation efforts, and create/maintain post analysis reports of major activation programs.
- Monitor competitive brand activity as well as trends in brand activation, integrated marketing in general market and bring new ideas to the table.
- Work effectively under pressure and utilize strong project management skills to meet deadlines.
- Manage any external resources/agencies/vendors as needed and control costs according to agreed budget.
- Liaising with external clients with regards to campaign approvals and production deadlines to be approved and executed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Communicate expectations of the project to the teams and ensure that results meet the clients’ expectations, this to be included in a full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Work with Client Services and Brand Activations teams to define the project’s scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with all teams.
- Ensuring at all times that quality and deadlines are met and compiling post-project reports to be presented to client.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Work with the production managing monitoring and assisting with billing, discrepancy management and reconciliation; as well as other finance reporting where necessary.
Team management and development:
- Manage your own junior production team members in executing relevant campaigns.
- Look for ways to further develop the production team and fulfill future internal and client needs.
- Serve as a technical expert and mentor during the production process and execution.