UIF TERS Application Assistance
Event Africa Contributor 20/04/2020 COVID-19
TBCSA has signed an agreement with the Department of Labour (DOL) and the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) to expedite the payments of benefits to employees affected by COVID-19 during South Africa’s national lockdown.
The COVID-19 UIF Beneficiary Process – Temporary Employers Relief Scheme (TERS)
- Employee benefits will be paid for the duration of the national lockdown (this may be extended).
- The benefits will be paid directly to Employees or Employers
- The UIF will take up to 48 hours to verify information after receiving each application.
- The UIF will take an additional 48 hours to disburse the COVID-19 benefit to Employees if the application is approved.
- The UIF will calculate the benefit as per the directive namely:
- 38%-60% in terms of income replacement sliding scale contained in the Act; or
- If the employee’s benefit determined in terms of the income replacement sliding scale falls below the minimum wage for the sector, the employee will be paid a benefit equal to that minimum wage
- The employees’ remuneration up to a maximum of R17,712.00 is taken into account in determining the benefit.
- All fully compliant applications will be completed and paid within 10 days (maximum).
Who Can Submit a Claim?
- Employers on behalf of their employees
ALL SUBMISSIONS TO UIF MUST BE LODGED ON THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR TBCSA TO MONITOR PROGRESS WITH UIF: https://covid19ters.typeform.com/to/ID2B0H
The TBCSA and Department of Labour/UIF will have meetings every 5 days to monitor the progress of applications and payments to beneficiaries. Please ensure you log all applications after submission to UIF on this TBCSA link https://covid19ters.typeform.com/to/ID2B0H
If you have any questions or need further clarity on the above, please do not hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org