Gearhouse Group has announced the renaming of their Training facility to the Kentse Mpahlwa Gearhouse Training Academy with the aim of furthering the legacy left by late Gearhouse director and colleague, Kentse Mpahlwa.
Competition: Win your place at the IFES World Summit 2013
The International Federation of Exhibition Services (IFES) is encouraging all of its members to enter their logo design competition for the IFES World Summit 2013. The entrant who submits the best logo design will receive complementary accommodation and accreditation to the 2013 event.
Each year, the IFES Conference and AGM are hosted in a different city around the world. Next year the IFES World Summit 2013 will be in Cape Town, and this year it is in Moscow. The Moscow 2012 logo was designed by Vision Ltd (Greece), and was inspired by the host city to use red with a blue line running through the middle to symbolise the river that runs through the city. It also incorporates the IFES logo, the slogan 'West meets East' and the dates of the event.
The Conference and AGM logo is used throughout the year for the convention, and is placed on the website, official correspondence, signatures on emails of members of the board, newsletters, and promotion and marketing campaigns. It is the identity of that specific AGM.
Guidelines on entering the logo design competition:
1. The logo must, in some way, represent the destination city through elements such as colour and geographical or historic facts.
2. The logo must include a slogan - though this can be changed at the judge's discretion.
How to enter:
1. Please submit your design in one of the following formats: no less than 140mm wide at 300 dpi, as a vector based pdf.
2. Please include a brief explanation (maximum 250 words) of the design with your submission, as well as your contact details.
3. A maximum of three designs may be submitted per company.
4. The design(s) and motivation need to be sent to Pippa Walker (Scan Display, South Africa): email@example.com, by Friday the 7th of September.
5. Incomplete entries will not be judged.
A committee of five IFES members will judge all entries. The committee will consist of:
• Acting Marketing and PR Chair - Peter Theodorides
• Acting President - Bruno Meissner
• Chairman of the Organizing Committee - Justin Hawes
• Two members of the Organizing committee who know of the city and /or have some graphic design knowledge
The winner will be contacted directly by the end of September, as well as announced on the IFES website and in the IFES newsletter, as well as press releases that will be sent out to various trade show magazines.
If you have any questions about the competition, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org