SAACI, the Southern African Association for the Conference Industry, is the recognised umbrella body of the Conference and Meetings Industry in Southern Africa.
Since 1987 we have been dedicated to efficiency and professionalism in the industry. In fact, SAACI membership is a vital recognition of professionalism practice. SAACI has a national board and four regional branches- Northern Territories (including Free State, Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West, Botswana and Namibia). Eastern Cape, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal. Each branch is made up of specialist forums that represent specific industry sectors- Conferences & Events, Destination Marketing, Exhibitions, Services, Technical, Transport and Venues.
Our value proposition
Growing the business events industry in Southern Africa by:
- Providing a platform to obtain a relevant qualification or improve skills.
- Partnering with private and public sector enterprises to lobby industry issues at the highest level.
- Linking up with international associations and businesses to keep up to date with trends across the globe.
- SAACI vision is to be the globally recognised professional association of the business events industry in Southern Africa. To be the strategic link for the public and private sector.
We create a platform for:
- Sustainable learning.
- Strategic direction (policies and procedures with whitepapers positions statements).
- Growing the business events industry through strategic partnerships, networking and lobbying.
This is shared in our value system: Integrity-Intelligence-Innovation-Sustainability
This is achieved by:
- Professionalism through training.
- Stamp of approval: CPD system and vetting.
- Keeping current on latest trends.
- Partnering government and private enterprise to support vetted companies.
- Lobby on behalf of the Community regarding issues effecting industry.