Corporate Communications Manager for CTICC
The Cape Town International Convention Centre is looking for a corporate communications manager. The main purpose of this role is centred around the formulation of all corporate communications strategies, the implementation of external and internal communications plans; media liaison, stakeholder engagement and project management.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement an external communications strategy that is aligned to the CTICC’s vision, key objectives and value
- CTICC’s Integrated Annual Report and AGM presentation: Responsible for full report and presentation content management and its accuracy
- Execute all communication for the CTICC and develop a proactive media relations plan
- Prepare press releases and media motivation content
- Plan and execute key media events
- Oversee quality and consistency of media and visual communication
- Build and maintain relationships with the local, national and international industry specific and mainstream media, alike
- Profile the CEO, executive management & key specialist positions in the media
- Prepare appropriate speeches and presentations for Executive Management.
- Initiate advertorial opportunities for the CTICC with relevant editorial content
Digital Communication and social media
- Manage website content
- Introduce new media technology applications
- Develop and manage a social media communication and digital strategy
- Produce high-quality online content for key social media platforms
- Collaborate with the marketing department to ensure maximum reach and exposure for all targeted marketing campaigns
- Develop and manage an internal communication plan aligned to the company’s human resources strategy.
- Manage internal intranet content
- Develop and maintain stakeholder and industry relationships to promote the aims and objectives of the CTICC
- Maintain relationships with the head of media for the City of Cape Town, the Western Cape Government and relevant Government Departments
- Identify opportunities and events to promote and build relationships and represent CTICC on key regional industry communication platforms
- Maintain a comprehensive qualitative stakeholder database
- Manage and execute all key stakeholder events for the CTICC, such as the AGM press conference.
- Responsible for all communications department projects according to time and costs frameworks
- Manage service providers and relevant agencies in terms of resource and production management
- Manage the collection and archiving of relevant press clippings in order to build historical information for the CTICC
- Maintain and build up an image library. Ensure that all relevant events are photographed; collaborate with the marketing department
Minimum Qualifications and experience required:
• Tertiary qualification in Corporate Communications or Public Relations (NQF7)
• Minimum 10 years experience in a similar environment; with at least 5 years at a management level
Skills and knowledge:
An understanding of effective media relations strategies, both reactive and proactive;
Strong project management skills and experience in digital content management. Experience in reputational media management will be advantageous.