How Hotels Are Adjusting to Lockdown Level 4
Event Africa Contributor 15/07/2021 Traveller News
Following President Cyril Ramaphosa’s announcement that South Africa has returned to adjusted Alert Level Four lockdown from Monday, 28 June 2021, the hospitality industry has once again had to make adjustments to operating procedures.
Some hotels have swiftly adapted to accommodating guests and will remain open for business throughout the level 4 lockdown. The 50% limit on occupied rooms for hotels and bed-and-breakfasts has been lifted.
In light of this; The President Hotel in Cape Town has adjusted its offerings to better facilitate and accommodate guests while maintaining the highest safety protocols at all times.
Here are some of the adjusted offers guests can expect from The President Hotel:
- A #Staysafe ‘Home’ Close to Home
The President will continue maintaining the strictest health & safety protocols. This includes contactless payment options and check-ins and check-outs. The hotel offers Bluetooth-enabled locking systems on hotel doors along with advanced cleaning technology.
- Breakfast in bed, room service and eats and treats
Due to restrictions on restaurant dining, the hotel will be serving room service for guests with an extensive menu to enjoy in the comfort of their own rooms. The President has also implemented a dine-out experience where carefully crafted meals can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. This includes a hearty Sunday lunch or delicious pizzas and while the café may be closed, the kitchen is still open and the pastry chefs are hard at work. The President is offering delivery services on freshly baked cakes to your own home within the Atlantic Seaboard Area. Pre-booking is essential.
- Short- and long-term workspace rentals
Day rooms are available at The President, offering complimentary work from hotel ‘office space’. Rooms are deep cleaned and sanitized after each person to ensure a safe working environment. Included are all the conveniences of an office from uncapped Wi-Fi, plug points, desks and chairs, private bathrooms and the option of ordering finely roasted, Bootlegger’s coffee!
For more information or to book a stay at The President Hotel, visit The President Hotel
There are also several key ways in which the new regulations impact City Lodge Hotel Group’s operations.
Those who seek to stay at any City Lodge Hotel can expect the following
- All food and non-alcoholic beverages are to be sold on a “collect-and-go” system or be delivered as room service if possible; as no food or beverage may be consumed in the restaurants, bar or patio areas.
- Restaurants within the hotel will be close for food preparation at 20h00 and plated food is to be covered on a tray and left outside room doors for collection by staff.
- Fitness, conference and meeting rooms will remain closed and unavailable to guests. Staff cleaners will not clean any occupied rooms for the safety of both guests and staff.
- City Lodge Hotel will not operate within curfew hours from 21h00 to 4h00 daily unless a person arrives on a flight or is travelling to or from an airport which necessitates travelling during restricted hours, in which you will need to produce a valid boarding pass as proof of flight or a copy of the airline ticket.
For more information and to book a stay at the City Lodge Hotel’s Group, visit City Lodge Hotels Group