Call To Submit Events Proposals
Cheri Morris January 8, 2019 Opportunities
Gauteng Provincial Government invites submissions for Events, Bidding and Hosting proposals for the 2019/20 financial year. Gauteng Tourism, in partnership with the Departments of Sports, Arts, Culture and Recreation, on behalf of the Gauteng Provincial Government, seeks to invest in the events listed below that generate significant immediate and long-term economic benefits, and align with wider government objectives through leverage and legacy opportunities.
The proposals must be within the following categories:
- Iconic/ Mega Event
An event that attracts overseas, regional and domestic visitors to Gauteng and generates significant economic benefits for the province. The event attracts global media coverage, appeals to a wide range of people, creates vibrancy across the province and is able to sustain legacy in the province.
- Major Events
An event that generates significant economic benefits for the province but may be limited to specific interest groups. Generates significant global media coverage but restricted to specific interest groups. Will attract special interest overseas, regional and domestic visitors to Gauteng.
- Signature Events
Generally has wide appeal and generates vibrancy but does not attract a significant number of overseas, regional and domestic visitors to the province and visitors from neighbouring provinces.
- Local Events
An event that typically only attracts attendees from Gauteng, but still generates significant media coverage (national and/or local) and attracts a significant number of attendees, hence it generates a good economic impact for the province.
- Township (Community) Events
Typically localized to one community which attracts residents and results in localized economic impact.
- MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Exhibitions)
National/International events should meet the following criteria:
- Be organized on a regular basis (one-time events are not included).
- Rotate between at least 3 different countries.
- Attract at least 300 participants.
The following supporting documents to be included in your submission:
- Proof of Company Registration/CK1/2/NGO/Cooperative.
- Proof of Registration with the Central Supplier Database with CSD Number.
- Original Tax Clearance Certificate and a Certified copy of a Tax Exemption letter, where applicable.
- Valid BBBEE Certificate/Sworn Affidavit for EME’s and QSE’s signed by the deponent and certified by the Commissioner of Oaths.
- Company Information Form.
- Certified copies of the ID’s of members or shareholders (not older than three months).
- Detailed Company profile with references.
- Stamped Bank Confirmation Letter of Account (not older than three months).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO BRIEFING FOR THIS RFP.
Proposals will be evaluated in the two phases:
- Administrative Compliance – bidders will be addressed whether they submitted all the documents required.
- Functionality – the received proposals will be measured against the evaluation criteria using the “Event Classification Tool”.
NB: Proposals that fail to meet the requirements stipulated in the RFP and those that do not meet the evaluation criteria will be disqualified from further evaluation.
Event Organisers and Professional Conference Organisers and Entities must submit their proposals in a sealed envelope directly to the following physical address/es:
- 124 Main Street, 11th Floor, Gauteng Tourism Offices in the box marked GTA Events Proposals 2019/20 by 11 February 2019 (closing at 16h00).
- 35 Rissik Street, Department of Sports, Arts, Culture and Recreation Offices in the box marked SACR Events Proposals 2019/20 by 11 February 2019 (closing at 16h00).
Please note that only hard copies will be accepted and that no electronic submissions will be accepted or considered. If you do not get a reply from GTA within 60 days from the closing date for submissions, you must consider your submission unsuccessful.
Proposals will be approved in line with allocated annual budgets.
Consideration for funding will be at the discretion of the adjudication committee.
Only Gauteng based organizations may apply and projects must be implemented in Gauteng.
For more information please contact:
Ms L Rabi
011 085 2111
Ms P Muvevi
011 355 2552
Mr D Nakana
011 355 2886